One of the main features that consultant members of CollegePlannerPro enjoy is the ability to invite students to log in to their student account, which is called CustomCollegePlan. When students log into their account, they can:
- See assigned tasks and update progress
- Research colleges and build a college list
- Read messages and emails sent by their counselor
- View their calendar and book appointments
- ...and much more!
>> For more information on what students can and cannot see in the student portal, see: How do I modify what Students can see in their account?
>> For more information on inviting students to their account, see: Enabling a Student's CustomCollegePlan account.
Moving to a new version
Student accounts were traditionally very similar to the consultant version in look and feel. In spring 2020, a new version for students ("CustomCollegePlan 2.0") was released as a beta test, initially for consultants only, then optionally for students. Extensive testing and feedback collection have been conducted as more features were gradually added to the new version.
As of March 9, 2021, students see the new version by default upon logging into their student account. The legacy version is still accessible through a button in the navigation bar. The look and feel of the new version have been updated, but the functionality is very largely the same. Learn more.
Navigating the new student version
When students log in, the first page they will see is the Dashboard. The Dashboard contains:
- A banner showing the student profile picture and greeting the student
- A Message Board containing important information from the counselor
- Your agenda: A listing of the next upcoming meeting, with the option to schedule a meeting (if consultant has made any appointment types available)
- Outstanding To-Dos: A list of To-Dos not yet marked as completed (a warning indicator will appear next to any that are past their due date)
- The student-counselor Conversation panel (collapsable and accessible from all tabs)
- A search bar allowing students to search colleges by name and navigate to the college profile page (accessible from all tabs)
Settings & Profile
Note: If the student does not yet have a profile picture, the profile icon will show student initials until a picture is uploaded.
Clicking the profile menu in the upper right-hand corner allows students to:
- Edit their profile information and profile picture
- Access, edit, and grant permissions for the Keychain
- Manage notifications and link their mobile phone
- Change their password
- Log out
The Testing tab contains:
- A list of test dates and results for the student
- A pre-populated list of ACT, SAT, and PSAT dates that students can add to their testing history
- An "Add Test" button to add custom test dates and results
The Colleges tab contains:
- College Reports added by the counselor if any. Note: College reports not yet been incorporated into the new version of CustomCollegePlan. Until they are added (by mid-2021), students will be redirected back to the legacy version to view college reports.
- The counselor's Suggested List and student's My List of Colleges
- Ability to add/remove colleges to/from the My List, re-order My List colleges, access the map view of colleges, and view admissions probabilities (if assigned by the counselor).
The Calendar tab contains:
- A filterable list of Upcoming Events
- A student calendar displaying appointments, application deadlines, To-Do due dates, test dates, and more
- Ability to add custom calendar events
- Ability to schedule with the counselor (if enabled for the student)
- Ability to link their CustomCollegePlan calendar to a 3rd party calendar like Google Calendar, iCal, or Outlook
- View files and folders shared by their counselor
- Upload their own files to share with their counselor
If the student has Prompt enabled, they can click this tab to access their Prompt portal.
If the student has Human eSources (AchieveWORKS) assessments enabled, they can click this tab to access and complete the assessments.
Note: Assessments functionality has not yet been incorporated into the new version of CustomCollegePlan. Until it is added (by mid-2021), students will be redirected back to the legacy version to complete assessments.
The new student version offers students multiple ways of supporting students with any technical difficulties they may be experiencing.
- The "Report an Issue" button in the left-hand sidebar allows students to directly email the support team
- The orange Feedback button allows students to submit an anonymous rating and comment about their overall experience
- Tooltips and other in-app messaging is occasionally set up to assist students in navigating their accounts
Toggling between versions
Students can get back and forth between versions using buttons in the navigation. They may switch between versions because of preference, or necessity (i.e. to access a feature that has not yet been incorporated into the new version). There are only a small handful of features that have not yet been added to the new version; all legacy features are estimated to be live in the new version by summer 2021.