The “Suggested College List” is a list you’ll create for each student client you work with. Your students will view the schools on the Suggested List and they can then elect to move a copy of the school to their own “My List of Colleges.” For more on the “My List of Colleges” see the article, “What is the Student’s 'My List of Colleges'?”. The schools on the Suggested College list are managed by you (the counselor).
While you are in the process of creating the "My Suggested Colleges List", you may choose to have the list not viewable by the student. You may determine "when" the student sees the Suggested List by managing the "Account Settings" on the student profile. For more information, check out the article, "How do I modify what Students can see in their account?"
Creating a Suggested College List
Suggested college lists are found within each student’s profile. In order to create a Suggested College List you’ll need to have an active student profile to work with.
1. Navigate to the student’s profile
2. Click the “My Suggested College List” button from the toolbar
3. The "Manage Suggested List of Colleges" dialog window will open
3. Select colleges "By Name", "By List" or "By Tag"
4. Add colleges to your Suggested list by clicking the blue arrow icon listed next to a college
Click on the arrow to move school your my suggested list
You will see a notification displayed at the top of your page indicating the college was added to the list
Once you have added a school to your My Suggested List, the green arrow will turn grey and non-responsive
To remove a college from the list, click the orange “X”
Helpful (related) articles
- What is the Student’s My List of Colleges?
- How do I modify what Students can see in their account?
- How do I add a college to "My Suggested Colleges" list?
Searchable terms: show college lists, hide college lists, suggested list, college list