Each Student client you work with can be set up to have their own CustomCollegePlan account. This account provides a way for them to log in to their own profile. Once inside their profile, Students can see To-Do items, their college lists, admission tasks, add ACT/SAT test scores, and communicate with you.
How to enable a Student’s CustomCollegePlan account
1. Navigate to the Student’s profile within CollegePlannerPro
2. In the top left corner of the Student’s profile toggle the Account Button from Disabled to Enabled.
- In order to enable a Student’s CustomCollegePlan account these are the requirements:
- The student must be set to an “Active” status
- The Student must have an email address added to their account profile information. Click here to learn more about How do I edit a student's contact information?
Sending the Student (and optionally their parents) CustomCollegePlan login information
In order for your Student to be able to login to their account, they will need to set up a password for their account. This is done by providing the Student with a one-time activation link. To invite the Student to create their password, use the “Email Student Name activation info” button. By clicking the button, no email will be sent immediately; instead, a dialog window will open with additional options. Select the appropriate options and click “Send Email” to email your Student their account activation link.
Your student (optionally their parents) will receive an email message containing:
- Activation link
- Username (which is their email address)
If you prefer to invite your student to activate their CustomCollegePlan account within the context of your own email or message, simply copy the activation link from within the Account Settings:
Helpful (related) Articles
- How do I add a Student?
- Student Profiles: An overview of Student Profile
- How do I add a Contact/Parent profile?
- Contact Profiles: An overview of Contact Profiles
- How to Edit a Student's Contact Information
Searchable terms: how do I enable a student, enable a student