Each time you create an invoice, an invoice number will be generated. Invoice numbers are increased incrementally by one and are not specific to one Contact but to your entire Contact list.
How invoice numbers are generated
- CollegePlannerPro has set the default invoice number to 01; so your second invoice would be 02
- You are able to start your invoices at any number you choose (when creating an invoice, simply click into the Invoice Number box and make any changes)
- Invoices numbers are unique and can be used only once
- Invoice numbers are generated each time you create an invoice and are not specific to a Contact
- You are able to type in any number you want to use and edit the generated number, however, this may affect your numbering sequencing
- CollegePlannerPro will remember the last-highest number used and then the next invoice number generated will increase by one
- If you delete the highest-numbered invoice, CollegePlannerPro will revert to the last highest-numbered invoice saved
- You set the invoice to be 2001, the next invoice will be 2002
- You edit the system and type in 3001, the next invoice will be 3002
- If you want to return to the 2000 series of numbers, you will have to delete the 3000 series because the system defaults to the highest numbered invoice
- You are able to start your invoice with the year and then each year start a new series; 202101, 202102, etc.
Helpful (related) articles
Video: How do I create, email and record a payment for an invoice?
Article is closed for comments.