The student Keychain is a great solution for keeping track of the many usernames and passwords that your students have. The Keychain provides the ability to store links, usernames, and passwords for various resources that the Student uses (i.e. Naviance, Common App, College Board). The Keychain is designed to keep all of the login information securely in one place.
How does it work?
Students will have sole control over their Keychain. Entries and deletions must be initiated by the student. We recommend that consultants walk students through logging into their CustomCollegePlan account and setting up their Keychain as early on as possible in order to use the tool most effectively.
Should counselors prefer or require access to this data, then students will need to grant access to Keychain data to their counselor by checking a box inside the Keychain window (see how).
How do students make entries in their Keychain?
1. Students must log in to their CustomCollegePlan account and click on the keychain, located at the top right-hand side of the screen:
The student will click on the purple key icon
2. Click on "Add New Key" in the lower-right corner
3. The student may then enter as much information as they like, and however many entries they want
4. Click "Save Key" for each entry.
How do I gain access to a student's Keychain?
Note: This action only needs to be performed once by a student.
- Simply instruct your students to log into your CustomCollegePlan account and click “Edit My Keychain”, as shown above.
- They will then see a checkbox to grant their counselor access.
- From there, the counselor can view the Keychain contents from the Student Profile page within their CollegePlannerPro account.
Article is closed for comments.