The best way to test drive the CustomCollegePlan student account experience is by logging in with your own sample student account.
Every CollegePlannerPro account comes with one extra active student allowed beyond your plan's stated capacity (i.e., the Up-to-10 Student plan actually permits 11 students, with no impact on billing) so that you can create and maintain your own sample student profile.
1. Create a sample parent and student
- In your CollegePlannerPro account, click the Contacts tab.
- Click Add Parent Contact.
- In the resulting window, add details for an imaginary parent. The only required fields are First Name, Last Name, and Recruitment Source. When you're done, click Save Contact.
- You'll now see your new parent's profile page. Click Add a student to this profile.
- In the resulting window, add a First Name, Last Name, and Graduation Year for your sample student. Any name and year will do. Then click Save Students.
- Now you'll see the parent profile again. Click +Client next to the name of your sample student to convert the student from a prospect into an active student. When asked to confirm, proceed by clicking Create Student Profile.
- You'll now see the student as having an "Active Profile". Click on the student to go to the student profile page.
3. Turn on CustomCollegePlan access for your sample student
- You will need to add an email address for your new sample student in order to turn on CustomCollegePlan access. On the student profile page, hover over your student's name until you see the pencil icon appear, and click. In the resulting window, add an email address for your student and click Save Student. You can use one of your own email addresses, or if you don't have one or prefer not to, you can make up a fake email address by inventing a username and using @mailinator.com as the domain. In our example below, we invented the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not use this email address - create your own.
- Back on the student profile page, toggle CustomCollegePlan account status 'ON':
4. Log in as your student
It's as simple as clicking "Login as student" from the profile page.
5. Take a look!
You can now browse freely through CustomCollegePlan. If you like, you can add items from the student side, or from the counselor side, and see how they look. For example, you may want to create a Suggested List of Colleges from your counselor account, and then log in as the student and see how those colleges are displayed, and add some items to the My List. The same goes for calendar events, test records, and more.
Article is closed for comments.