The College Match Self-Survey for the College Bound can be accessed online, free of charge on Dr. Steven Antonoff's website. Dr. Antonoff is a renowned independent educational consultant, author, instructor, and presenter with over 35 years of experience as a leader in education. His books include A Student of Colleges: Fundamentals of Independent Educational Consulting (published 2019), which is the first of its kind and serves as the only textbook currently available for IECs, as well as the foundational text for the University of California's College Counseling certificate programs.
This survey is from College Match: A Blueprint for Choosing the School for You, Dr. Antonoff’s how-to guide for students and parents. In this self-survey, students rate 80 short statements about their educational attitudes, goals, and perspectives. As they score their responses, students will gain a clearer sense of their learning style, enthusiasm for school, independence, career orientation, and much more.
In addition to this survey, a dozen more forms and surveys to help young people in their college planning can be found in College Match, a step-by-step approach to helping students define what they want in a college and discover schools where they can be happy and successful.
How to use in CollegePlannerPro
For consultants who plan to utilize this survey with multiple students in CollegePlannerPro, we recommend you create a Multi-Student To-Do that can be assigned to students to request that they complete the survey.
1. Click the Students tab, then "Add Multi-Student To-Do"
2. Add a title and description to the Multi-Student To-Do.
- Be sure to include the link to the survey: https://schoolbuff.com/worksheets/college-match-self-survey-for-the-college-bound/
- We also recommend that you advise your students to include you as a recipient on the results. They will have the option to do this when completing the survey.
- If you are keeping all your students on the same timeline, you may want to add a start and/or end date to the Multi-Student To-Do. If each student will have their own custom timeline for completing the survey, you can leave the dates blank and later customize on an individual level.
- You may also opt to send a student reminder to students to whom you have assigned this To-Do.
3. Click "Add Students" to add students to this To-Do. The To-Do will be added to these students' To-Do list upon save. You may filter by class year or by student profile tag.
4. Click "Save To-Do". You will now find the To-Do listed on any assigned student's profile page. Please note that students will not be notified of this newly-assigned To-Do. You may want to send your student an e-mail or a message in the Conversation to alert them to this new task.
Note that you can later assign more students to the same Multi-Student To-Do, either by adding them from the Students Main page (click on the item under "Multi-Student To-Dos" to edit it or add/remove students), or from an individual student's profile page (by clicking "Add Student To-Do", and "Link to Multi-Student To-Do".
Article is closed for comments.