CollegePlannerPro partners with Polygence to connect IECs and their students to research project opportunities. As research becomes a creative way for students to expand their horizons and set themselves apart as university applicants, enrolling in a Polygence program is a great way to kick-start the process. Polygence students work one-on-one with a graduate-level mentor to define and complete an impressive research project that aligns with their interests and talents.
As a CollegePlannerPro member, you and your students get exclusive access to the following benefits:
- 10% off Polygence program fees for your students when you use the CollegePlannerPro counselor signup link (below)
- Free consultations with Polygence's IEC specialist, George Philip (GP) LeBourdais, PhD
- Access to Polygence-related Preloaded College Lists in your CollegePlannerPro account (check out the R1 "Very High Research Activity" institutions list available now!)
- Through your Polygence counselor account, access to Polygence's database of vetted, highest-standard secondary student publications, science competitions and fairs
- Eligiblity for Polygence students to participate in Polygence's biannual Symposium of Rising Scholars, an academic conference showcasing student projects
Getting started with Polygence
- Sign up for a free counselor account here: polygence.org/cpp
- Invite students by email in the the "My Students" section of your Polygence account
Tips for working with Polygence students inside CollegePlannerPro
Below are a few best practices to leverage the tools within CollegePlannerPro to stay organized and communicate effectively with students enrolling in Polygence programs:
- Use profile tags to label your Polygence students. This will make it easy to assign To-Dos, share files, send Broadcasts, and more, specifically relating this sub-group of your students.
- Add a link to the Polygence login page on your students' Message Board so that it's easy to see and access: https://app.polygence.org/user/login
- Get the word out about Polygence programs!
- Send a Broadcast Email (sample template here) letting your students know about Polygence and the programs they offer. You can also create Broadcast Recipient Lists based on tags (which could be handy to communicate with your Polygence-enrolled students).
- Create an event type allowing interested students/parents to schedule a time to speak with you directly about their interest in Polygence.
- Polygence Program Brochure
- Student FAQs
- Polygence Co-Founder Janos Perczel on the CollegePlannerPro Blog