If you'd like to link your CollegePlannerPro calendar with your iPhone/iPad, this article details the steps. We would like to point out that it's recommended that you link your CollegePlannerPro calendar with your laptop or desktop computer instead of directly linking the CollegePlannerPro calendar to your iPhone/iPad. By linking with your computer, all of your devices will receive and display the calendar events instead of only your iPhone/iPad calendar.
In any event, there are situations where it's necessary or preferred to link your CollegePlannerPro calendar directly with your iPhone/iPad, here's how:
Linking your calendar directly to your iPhone/iPad
Please note these directions have been written for Apple devices running the iOS 8. Steps may very slightly for older versions of the iOS.
Before we get started with the iPhone/iPad, we first need to get one piece of information from within your CollegePlannerPro account.
- Login to your CollegePlannerPro account on your laptop or desktop computer
- Navigate to the, "Calendar" tab
- In the toolbar, click the, "Link My Calendar" button
- Note the URL that is provided in the, "Apple Calendar" section.
- You may wish to copy and paste this URL into an email and send it to your self. This will make it possible to copy and paste it on your phone instead of having to enter the full URL by hand on your iPhone/iPad.
Now, on your iPhone/iPad, do the following:
- Tap the "Settings" button on your iPhone/iPad
- Select the, "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" option
- Under, "Accounts" tap the "Add Account" option
- Select, "Other"
- Select, "Add Subscribed Calendar"
- In the, "Server" input field enter the URL provided for the Apple Calendar within your CollegePlannerPro account on the "Calendar" tab. (See items number 4 and 5 in the section above.)
- Once the URL is entered, tap the, "Next" option in the upper right-hand corner.
- You DO NOT need to enter a User Name and Password*. Simply tab the, "Save" option in the upper right-hand corner.
- That's it, your calendar has been added to your iPhone/iPad
* Your calendar is private and not viewable by anyone unless you were to share the secure URL with them. We, of course, do not recommend you do this.