|Please note: We strongly recommend linking your calendar from a desktop/laptop computer, as opposed to a mobile device or tablet. Some 3rd party calendars do not support creating new calendar subscriptions from mobile devices. In any event, there are situations where it's necessary or preferred to link your CollegePlannerPro calendar directly with your iPhone/iPad, the steps are provided here.|
First, retrieve the calendar subscription URL from your CollegePlannerPro account:
- Log in to your CollegePlannerPro account. If accessing from a mobile device or tablet browser, you may need to tap "Go to full version" in the footer of the mobile version Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Calendar tab.
- In the toolbar, click the "Link My Calendar" button.
- Find and select the URL that is provided in the "iCloud Calendar" section. You may wish to copy and paste this URL into an email or text message and send it to yourself. This will make it possible to tap the link and launch the calendar automatically instead of needing to follow additional steps. Alternatively, simply select the entire URL and copy it to your clipboard.
Now, on your iPhone/iPad, do the following:
If you sent the calendar subscription URL to yourself via email/text in step #4 above, open up the email/text on your iPhone/iPad and tap the link. This will launch the calendar subscription process, and you do not need to complete any of the remaining steps.
- Open the Calendar app.
- Tap "Calendars" at the bottom of the page.
- Tap "Add Calendar", then "Add Subscription Calendars" from the bottom left-hand side of the page.
- Paste the calendar subscription URL you copied into the "Subscription URL" box, and tap "Subscribe".
- Configure any additional details (calendar name, color, account, etc.), then tap "Add" in the upper right-hand corner. Important: When selecting an "Account" for the calendar, if you choose your iCloud account, the calendar is available on all your computers and devices that are set up with iCloud. If set to "On My iPad"/"On My iPhone", the calendar is saved exclusively on that device. We recommend utilizing iCloud to ensure syncing across your devices.
- Your events will now appear on your iPhone/iPad Calendar app.