Calendar items can be created directly from your Calendar, the daily calendar on your Dashboard, or from the Contact's/Parent's profile. Setting up meetings through your CollegePlannerPro account enables you to include reminder alerts and email notifications regarding an upcoming meeting. Calendar events will be displayed on your calendar. For more information on creating a calendar item from your calendar, see "How do I create a Contact/Parent calendar event from the Dashboard or Calendar tab?"
Create a calendar event from the Contact's/Parent's profile:
- Navigate to the parent’s profile
- Click on “Add New Meeting” from the toolbar
- Type in a "Title" (keep in mind that this Title will be included in the email notification and alert sent to the participants)
- Complete the date and time elements
- Type in a "Location" and "Notes" (this is a great place to include Skype or Meeting Connection Information)
- Mark yourself as "Available" or "Busy" for the event (by setting the event to "Busy", invitees will not be able to schedule events with you during this time)
- Select the participants (by default the names of parents with email addresses listed in the system will be displayed, you may select, deselect and edit names)
- Set the "Alerts"; you may set reminders for yourself via email and/or text. You may also set an email "Alert" to the parent(s) if they have an email address listed within their profile
- Select "Save Item" when done
You may "Highlight" the calendar event by color. For more information see, "How do I customize calendar event labels?"
All alerts associated with the calendar item will automatically be changed if the calendar event is modified.
Helpful (related) articles:
- How do I create calendar events and alerts?
- How do I create a calendar event from the Student profile?
- How do I create a Student calendar event from the Dashboard or Calendar tab?
- How do I create a Contact/Parent calendar event from the Dashboard or Calendar tab?
- How do I email a notification of a Student calendar event?
- How do I email a notification of a Contact/Parent calendar event?