When the student's status is "Inactive", their account will no longer be part of your subscription plan yet all of the information within their profile will be saved. If needed, you may make their profile active again by clicking on the "Active" button. When a student is "Inactive" they may no longer login to their CustomCollegePlan account nor can changes be made to their student profile. In order to edit the student's profile, the status will need to be changed to "Active". For information on changing the student's status back to "Active", check out the article, "How do I change a Student's account status from "Inactive" back to "Active"?"
Note: If the student's profile is changed back to "Active" and you want the student to have access to their CustomCollegePlan account, you will need to manually toggle 'on' the student account once again. The student will also need to re-establish a password for the student account and re-link their mobile phone in order to receive SMS alerts. The student profile picture will not be retained if a student account is deactivated and later reactivated.
How to change the student's status from "Active" to "Inactive"
(1) Navigate to the student's profile page
(2) Scroll down to the bottom of the left-hand column to the "Student Client Status" section
(3) Toggle Profile status from "Active"
(4) A new dialog window will appear to confirm this decision - select "Yes, Deactivate"
*Please note that Profile Pictures are not saved, and will not be restored. Additionally, Keychain permissions will be reset to the default settings, meaning that counselors will not be able to access that information. The usernames and passwords, however, will remain for the student to view, should they need to access them.
Helpful (related) articles
- How do I delete a student profile?
- What does each student status type represent?
- How do I change a Student's account status from "Inactive" back to "Active"?
Related terms: How do I move a student to Inactive?; How to change student status?; no longer working with senior; deactivate, deactivating