Students can view their CustomCollegePlan calendar events in an external calendar like iCloud (Apple) Calendar, Google Calendar, Yahoo! Calendar or Outlook Calendar. In order to link the calendars, students will need to add a URL-based calendar "subscription" to their external calendar so it knows how to retrieve their CustomCollegePlan events. This is a two-step process.
1. Retrieve the calendar subscription URL for the CustomCollegePlan calendar by logging into CustomCollegePlan and navigating to the Calendar tab, and clicking the circular "link" icon in the top toolbar.
This will expand a dialog menu with different URLs for the supported calendars. Copy the entire URL for your desired calendar.
2. Go to or launch the external calendar you where you'd like to view your CustomCollegePlan events. Follow the steps below for your selected calendar type.
Please note: We strongly recommend linking your calendar from a desktop/laptop computer, as opposed to a mobile device or tablet. Some 3rd party calendars do not support creating new calendar subscriptions from mobile devices.
- Log in to your Google Calendar account. When viewing the calendar main screen you will see in the left-hand panel a section called, “Other calendars.” Click the plus sign “+” next to “Other calendars”, then “From URL”.
- Paste the copied URL from step one into the “URL of calendar” field, and click “Add Calendar”.
- Your CollegePlannerPro calendar will now appear under "Other calendars".
iCloud (Apple) Calendar
- In the Calendar app on your Mac, click the “File” option in the top menu bar and select “New Calendar Subscription.”
- Paste the copied URL from step one into the “Calendar URL” field. Follow the steps to customize color settings and behaviors. For the quickest ongoing updates, edit the "Auto-refresh" setting to "Every 5 minutes".
IMPORTANT: When selecting a "Location" for the calendar, if you choose your iCloud account, the calendar is available on all your computers and devices that are set up with iCloud. If set to "On My Mac", the calendar is saved exclusively on the computer. We recommend utilizing iCloud to ensure syncing across your devices.
- Log in to your Yahoo! Calendar account at https://calendar.yahoo.com/.
- Click the gear icon sign next to "Others" in the left-hand side panel, and click "Follow Other Calendars".
- Give your calendar a name, paste the URL, and click "Save".
- Your calendar will appear under "Others" in the left-hand side panel, and your events will be visible on the calendar.
- Log in to your Outlook account on the web at https://outlook.live.com/ and open your calendar.
- Click on "Add calendar" in the left-hand panel.
- Click "Subscribe from web" and paste in the copied URL.
- Give your calendar a name, customize any details, and click "Import".
- Your calendar will appear under "Other calendars".