Deleting an invoice is a permanent action and is not "un-doable." Before you delete an invoice, be certain that you want to permanently remove the invoice, any associated payments and line item information. You should consider making edits to an existing invoice, if possible, rather than deleting one, especially if you've already emailed your client a link to the invoice.
How to delete an invoice
- Navigate to the Contact's profile where in the invoice you'd like delete resides.
- In the "Invoices" section, click on the invoice item to be deleted.
- The invoice will open in a new dialog window. Click the "Edit Invoice" button from the options on the bottom of the invoice view window.
- A new dialog window will open with a button at the bottom labeled, "Delete Invoice."
- Click the "Delete Invoice" button. This action will prompt you to confirm you'd like to delete the invoice.
- Click "OK" and the invoice will be permanently deleted.
What about Time Tracker line items on an invoice?
How are they handled for deleted Invoices?
Once an invoice has been deleted, Time Tracker items associated with an invoice will have their status reset. Depending on the status (Unpaid, Partial or Paid) of the invoice at the time of deletion, the Time Tracker line items associated with the invoice will either be changed from "Invoiced" or "Paid" to "Unpaid" when the invoice is deleted.