You can create a standard email to be sent to your Contacts each time a payment is received. Your email address and logo will appear in the message. You are able to enable the system to automatically send an email to your Contacts each time a payment is saved. You also have the ability to override this automatic email if you wish. In addition to the text you add to your subject line and email message, you are also able to include several variables (such as the invoice number, payment amount, the amount owed, the first and last name of the contact and the link to the invoice).
Setting defaults for emailing invoices to Contacts
- Navigate to the Contacts Main tab
- In the "Reports" section, click on "Invoice Reports Settings"
- In the "Invoice Defaults Contact Email Notification Settings" section navigate to the third subsection
- If you would like to send a notification email each time payment is received, click "Yes"
- Type in the subject line to be displayed
- Type in the message to be displayed in the email body
- Preview your message
- Click on the "Save All Setting" button at the bottom of the page
The use of these variables allows you to merge the data from the Contact's profile into the message. You have the flexibility to craft your email to display all of these variables or just the ones you want.