You can create a standard email to be sent to your Contacts each time an invoice is emailed. Your email address and logo will appear in the message. In addition to the text you add to your subject line and email message, you are also able to include several variables (such as the invoice number, the amount owed, the first and last name of the contact, and the link to the invoice).
Setting defaults for emailing invoices to contact
- Navigate to the Contacts Main tab
- In the "Reports" section, click on "Invoice Reports Settings"
- In the "Invoice Defaults & Contact Email Notification Settings" section navigate to the second subsection
- Type in the subject line to be displayed
- Type in the message to be displayed in the email body
- Preview your message
- Click on the "Save All Setting" button at the bottom of the page
These variables allow you to merge the data from the Contact's profile into the message. You have the flexibility to craft your email to display all of these variables or just the ones you want. If you want your client to view the invoice digitally and perhaps pay you online (see ProPay), you MUST include the variable for the invoice link (i.e. ::invoice link:: ).