Each Broadcast message can have up to three documents attached to it. In order to attach a document you’ll first need to upload the document to the attachments library. Once in the library, a document can then be selected to be attached to a message. To get started adding the document to the library follow the instructions in the first section below. Then when you’re ready to attach the document to a specific message follow the instructions in the second section.
Adding documents to the attachments library
The first step to attaching a document to a Broadcast email is uploading the document you’d like to attach to the “Attachments Library.”
- Navigate to the “Broadcast Main” page by clicking the “Broadcast” tab.
- Click the “Upload an Attachment” button in the toolbar.
- In the dialog window that opens, click the “Browse” button and locate the document you wish to upload on your computer.
- After selecting the document, it’s recommended to provide a “Title” or “Label” for the file. This field is optional.
- Click the “Upload File” button to move a copy of the document from your computer to the Attachments Library
The document will now be listed in the Attachments Library. To view the contents of the Attachments Library or to make changes to any of the documents previously uploaded, click the “Attachments Library” in the toolbar on the Dashboard.
Attaching a document to a Broadcast message
Once a document or several documents have been uploaded to the Attachments Library (see above section on how to upload documents to Attachments Library), you’re ready to begin attaching documents to your Broadcast messages.
- Navigate to the Broadcast message you’d like to attach a document to or simply begin a new message by clicking the “Create New Message” button in the toolbar on the “Broadcast Main” page.
- Once at the Broadcast message page, click the “Add file Attachment” button in the toolbar. This will open a list of attachments currently present in the Attachments Library.
- Select the document you wish to attach to the message. To add more than one attachment to a message repeat steps two and three. There is a limit of three attachments per Broadcast message.
After selecting a document from the Attachment Library, you’ll see an instance of the selected file attachment in the right column next to the subject and content for your Broadcast message. You may remove the file attachment by clicking the red “X” icon in the lower right corner in the attachment instance.
Bonus! Documents are not actually “attached” to Broadcast messages
Instead of a document actually be inserted into a Broadcast message as an attachment like in a traditional email message, CollegePlannerPro provides a graphical link to message recipients so they may download the file. This allows you to change the “attached” file at anytime, even after the Broadcast message is sent. In the event you’d like to update the document or perhaps you uploaded the wrong file, you can “replace” the file in the Attachments Library at anytime. Then when message recipients click to download the Broadcast message attachment, they’ll receive the latest version you uploaded.