|This article is a part of our New Member Training Guide in the Calendar and Scheduling section. Navigate to the next article in the series by following the link at the bottom of this article or return to the New Member Training Guide homepage here.|
Your CollegePlannerPro calendar can be linked to an external calendar like Apple Calendar, Google Calendar, Yahoo! Calendar or Outlook Calendar. In order to link the calendars, you will need to add a URL-based calendar "subscription" to your external calendar so it knows how to retrieve your CollegePlannerPro events. This is a two-step process. NOTE: Your students can also do this with their CustomCollegePlan calendars. See: How do students link their CustomCollegePlan calendar with another calendar?
- First, retrieve the calendar subscription URL for your CollegePlannerPro calendar. To do this, log in to CollegePlannerPro and click the “Calendar” tab. In the toolbar, click on the "Link My Calendar" button.
This will open a window containing calendar subscription URLs for each of the supported external calendars. Copy the entire URL for your desired calendar.
- Go to or launch the external calendar you would like to link. Follow the steps below for your selected calendar type.
|Please note: We strongly recommend linking your calendar from a desktop/laptop computer, as opposed to a mobile device or tablet. Some 3rd party calendars do not support creating new calendar subscriptions from mobile devices.|
- Login to your Google calendar account. When viewing the calendar main screen you will see in the left-hand panel a section called, “Other calendars.”
- Click the “+” (Add other calendars) link in this section. This will open a set of options. Select “From URL”.
- Paste the copied URL from step one into the “URL of calendar” field.
Here's a visual guide on how to link your CollegePlannerPro account with your Google Calendar:
Apple Calendar (on a Mac)
- In the Calendar app, click the “File” option in the top menu bar and select “New Calendar Subscription.”
- Paste the copied URL from step one into the “Calendar URL” field. Follow the steps to customize color settings and behaviors. For quickest ongoing updates, edit the "Auto-refresh" setting to "Every 5 minutes".
IMPORTANT: When selecting a "Location" for the calendar, if you choose your iCloud account, the calendar is available on all your computers and devices that are set up with iCloud. If set to "On My Mac", the calendar is saved exclusively on the computer. We recommend utilizing iCloud to ensure syncing across your devices.
Apple Calendar (on an iPhone/iPad)
- In the Calendar app, tap "Calendars" at the bottom of the screen, then "Add Calendar" and "Add Subscription Calendar".
- Paste the copied URL from step one into the “Subscription URL” field and tap "Subscribe". Follow the steps to customize color settings and behaviors.
- Tap "Add" in the top right corner.
IMPORTANT: When selecting an "Account" for the calendar, if you choose iCloud, the calendar is available on all your computers and devices that are set up with iCloud. If set to "On My iPhone/iPad", the calendar is saved exclusively on the device you're using. We recommend utilizing iCloud to ensure syncing across your devices.
- Login to your Yahoo! calendar account at https://calendar.yahoo.com/.
- Hover over "Others" in the left-hand panel, click the gear icon that appears, and select "Follow other calendars".
- Give the calendar a name, paste the copied URL from step one into the “Calendar URL” field, and click "Save".
- Use the "Discover Calendars" option to subscribe to a calendar "from web". Please see Microsoft's documentation for more detail: