Calendar items can be created directly from your Calendar, your daily calendar on your Dashboard, or from the Student's profile. Setting up meetings through your CollegePlannerPro account enables you to include reminder alerts and email notifications regarding the upcoming meeting. Calendar events may also be added to Time Tracker. For more information on creating a calendar item from the Student's profile, see "How do I create a calendar event from the Student's profile?"
Create a Student calendar event from the Calendar:
- While viewing your daily calendar on the Dashboard or on your Calendar, click on a day to create a new calendar event
- Type in the "Title" of the event
- Complete the date and time elements
- Type in a "Location" and "Notes" (this is a great place to include Zoom, Skype, or Meeting Connection Information)
- Indicate whether you will be "Available" or "Busy" during this time. By selecting "Busy", your availability will automatically change and a student will not be able to schedule a meeting with you at this time
- Start typing in the name of the student in the "Participant" section and select the student (the student's name will now be displayed )
- Set the "Alerts"; you may set reminders for yourself via email and/or text (your mobile phone needs to be linked to your account). You may also set up a student "Alert" and have the option of also sending an "Alert" to the parent(s)
- Indicate if you want this event included in Time Tracker
"Alerts" may be sent to students by email and also as a text message if the student's mobile phone is linked to their account.
Email "Alerts" may be sent to parents who have email addresses listed in the Contact profile.
You may determine whether or not the Calendar Item is displayed on the Student Calendar by selecting either "Hide" or "Show".
You may "Highlight" the calendar event by color. For more information see, "How do I customize calendar event labels?"
All alerts associated with the calendar item will automatically be changed if the calendar event is modified.