It's no surprise, 10 out of 10 students choose to send text messages instead of sending emails. Okay, that might not be scientific, but by nature, students will gladly link their mobile phone with their account if it means less email for them. All you need to do, is to get them to take a few seconds to link their phone with their account. It's super simple! We recommend that during your initial meeting with each Student, make it a priority to have them link their phone while meeting with you. That way, once they depart from the first meeting you can use the Conversation feature to send them important messages which they'll receive via text.
This also works to solve a common question you may come across, "How do I get my Students to login and use their account?" Rather than sound like a broken record demanding they login, you now can employ the power of the Conversation to alert them when you need them to interact with their account. It's a win-win. They communicate in a way they prefer, you keep them engaged and on track. All of the information (texts and emails) are kept nice and neatly in each Student's profile. Perhaps it's a win-win-win!
Linking the Student's Smartphone with their CustomCollegePlan Account
- Have Student login to their account
- In the toolbar on the Dashboard, click "Manage My Notifications" button
- From the Student's phone, text the "code" (in orange) to the +1 (919) 408-7773 phone number listed
- Within a few seconds a message will be sent from CustomCollegePlan confirming that the smartphone is linked to the Student's account
- Select the options to receive text messages for Conversation and Calendar
- After the phone is set up, all communication sent from your student's phone will be saved on the Conversation Module. The number they will want to add to their phone to text, is +1 (919) 408-7382. This number will appear when you (the Counselor) sends a message through the Conversation Module to the student.
- A smartphone with text messaging capabilities
- Standard text messaging rates apply when receiving messages from CollegePlannerPro and CustomCollegePlan. These fees are completely subject to the Student's plan with their smartphone provider and are not determined or imposed by CollegePlannerPro or CustomCollegePlan.