Team accounts having more than one consultant user assign their students to one consultant as the Primary Consultant, and (optionally) to other consultant(s) as Secondary Consultant(s). See:
- A student's Primary Consultant may always utilize the Conversation feature, free of charge.
- A student's Secondary Consultant(s) may only utilize the Conversation feature if the Account Owner has enabled this functionality for that consultant user. An additional monthly cost applies; see: How do I add another consultant to my account?
In the case where multiple consultants may utilize the Conversation with a student, the consultant will see each student-consultant thread in its own tab in the Conversation section of the student's profile. A consultant may only contribute to their own Conversation thread, but can view other consultant-student threads freely.
Similarly, the student will see a "stacked" view of Conversation threads in CustomCollegePlan that may be expanded by clicking on them. Each consultant's Conversation messages come from a different phone number, which is listed in CustomCollegePlan for the student's easy reference if they are utilizing the texting functionality associated with Conversations. See: How do I send text messages to Students via CollegePlannerPro?
If a consultant who previously had permission to utilize the Conversation with a student no longer has that permission, any prior Conversation history with the student will be preserved, but both student and consultant will be prevented from further contributing to the thread. This will occur if:
- the Primary Consultant is changed, or
- a Secondary Consultant is removed for the student, or
- Secondary Conversations are disabled by the Account Owner for an assigned Secondary Consultant.
In this case, both student and consultant will see a disclaimer: