You may have visited some colleges and would like to share your pictures with your students via College Profile Notes, Broadcast Email, or a Note. It's a great way to really customize items. This article provides instructions on how to locate the URL for an image that is hosted online. Alternatively, if the image is downloaded onto your computer, then see how to add those images in this article.
There are several ways to acquire a URL address for your photos:
- You may obtain the URL address of your photos if you have posted them to various social network websites such as Facebook or would like to use a photo off the internet. Here is an article that will walk you through finding those image URLs: How do I locate the URL address for an existing image/picture?
- If you haven't previously uploaded your photos to the internet and don't want to share them on a social network website, you may need to set up an account with a photo-sharing website. There are many options available. Photobucket and Flickr are examples of these websites and both are free for your use. (If you already have a Yahoo account, Flickr is an extension of Yahoo.)
This whole process may sound very complicated, but really it's not that hard and you get to share some great pictures with your Students!
Please note: The directions for the external websites below may have changed since this article was last updated. Let us know if something's changed. Thanks!
How to upload a photo and get the URL on Photobucket
- Create a free Photobucket account
- Click the "Upload" button
4. Either "Drag & Drop" or "Browse" to select the photo from your computer files
5. After the photo has been uploaded, click on the photo/image to open it
6. Right-click on the image and select "Copy Image Address"
7. Paste this URL into the Note image section in CollegePlannerPro
How to upload a photo and get the URL on Flickr
- Create a free Flickr account or use your Yahoo! login
- Click the "Upload" button from the toolbar
3. Either "Drag & drop photos and videos here" (drag a photo) or "Choose photos and videos (choose a photo from your computer)
4. Click "Upload 1 photo" (upper right)
5. Click "Upload to Photostream
6. Click the download button and right-click on the size you'd like to save.
7. After you right-click, select the "Copy Link Address". You can then head back to your CollegePlannerPro account and paste the link in the image section of the note.