CollegePlannerPro uses College Navigator as a basis to provide profiles for thousands of colleges and universities throughout the US. There are two-year and four-year colleges and universities all loaded up into the main college and university database and we know chances are many of these schools are not going to be colleges you suggest your students take a look at. Therefore, to weed out the schools you have little interest in and building a group of colleges and universities you perhaps work with on a regular basis, we’ve designed your very own College Bucket!
Think of it like a container that holds all of the schools you’ve bookmarked and would like to refer to when you need them. By filling your Bucket with colleges and universities you accomplish two goals:
- You remove the schools you’re not interested in, and
- You make it much easier to filter through a smaller list to add schools to your Student’s “Suggested College Lists.”
To add Schools to your College Bucket
It’s very easy to add and remove schools from your College Bucket at any time. There are several ways to add a school to your College Bucket:
On the School's Profile
- In the "Search" box (located at the top of every page), type in the name of the school you want to add to your Bucket
- Select the school
- Click on + Add to Bucket located under the name of the school
- You can remove a school from your Bucket by clicking on – Remove from Bucket
On Colleges Main page
- Navigate to the “Colleges” tab and click the “Edit College Bucket” button in the toolbar.
- A new dialog window will open with two columns. The first (on the left) will be the “All Colleges” search results display. To get started, begin typing the name of a school you’d like to add to your College Bucket. You may also search and sort by the name of the state where the institution is.
- Once you locate the school you’d like to add, simply click the blue arrow to the right of the school. This will add the school to your College Bucket. To remove the school, click the “X” icon next to the school (on the left side) in the “My Bucket” list on the right side of the window.
- When you’ve finished working with your Bucket, you may close the window by clicking, “Close” at the bottom. Return to your Bucket anytime and add or remove schools.
To access your bucket click the in the toolbar under the “Colleges” tab.
A screenshot of adding/removing schools from your Bucket
Important note: Students do not see your College Bucket. This is a tool for the counselors only, as a way to organize these schools.