About Contact notes
Within each Contact account, you have the ability to post notes. You can store any bit of information in a note you’d like to keep in a contact’s profile. Posting session notes after each interaction you have with a family is a good example of a note. By keeping your meeting notes in a contact’s profile, you then have a log/transcript of everything you’ve covered with each contact and/or family. Notes are NOT viewable by your students or parents and are strictly kept private.
In addition to having these notes as a reference file for a Contact, you may also email and print these notes. See the list of related articles below for information on emailing and printing your notes.
To add a note to a Contact’s account:
1. Locate the Contact you’d like to post a note to and go to their profile page.
2. Click on the “Add Note” button in the toolbar.
3. Choose the appropriate “in reference to” icon.
4. Add your note content. (See “Note content” below for more info)
5. Choose the status of the note. If there’s nothing else you need to do, choose “closed.” If there is additional follow-up needed, choose “open” and indicate the type of follow-up and when it needs to occur.
6. If necessary, fill in the “expectations” area with an explanation of what follow-up needs to be done.
7. Save your note by clicking the save button to close the window.
About “Open” notes
“Open” notes are designed to indicate there is follow-up expected for a specific note. Perhaps a phone call is needed or another meeting needs to take place. By leaving a note “open” you can integrate the note into your calendar and indicate a follow-up action. Any “open” notes that are in the system will appear on the Contacts Main page. Open notes appear in a column to the right. You can easily edit a note, close it, or delete it by simply clicking on it.
You may copy and paste content in from other applications like Microsoft Word or Apple’s Pages. Each note can store approximately 2-3 Word document pages worth of content. Fully qualified URL’s like http://www.collegeplannerpro.com will automatically be transformed into click-able links inside of a notes content section.
The reference to “Contact” is synonymous with the term “Parent” or “Guardian.”