“Custom College Lists” are designed to provide you with the ability to create your own lists of colleges and universities based on groupings you decide. Perhaps you’d like to build a list of schools based on a particular degree offering, campus setting, location, etc. Custom College Lists make it possible to maintain a library of schools and groups for your own reference. The “Custom College Lists” you create can then be used to build the Suggested Lists for your students.
While "Preloaded Lists" are available within your account. You may import these lists and also edit them to meet your needs. CollegePlannerPro will continually update the Preloaded lists as they become available.
Adding Preloaded or Custom College Lists tutorial video:
A visual guide to importing a "Preloaded List":
- Navigate to "Colleges Main" and from the toolbar select "Import Preloaded List"
- Select the list
- Click "Import Selected List"
A visual guide to creating a Custom College List:
1. Navigate to "Colleges Main" and from the toolbar select "Add New College List"
2. A new dialog window will open prompting you to name your list (optional: provide a list description)
3. Click the "Save College List" button
4. A new dialog window, "Manage Custom List of Colleges" will open with the list builder view
5. To add colleges to your newly created custom list, select the method you'd like to search for colleges in the left-hand column. Your options are, "By name", "By list" or "By tag".
- By Name: Select the By Name and type in the name of the school you would like to add. You can also search by state by selecting the state you would like to search. This will populate a list of all of the schools in that respective state. You can limit this search by selecting a state and typing in a name.To add schools to a student’s list click the blue arrow icons to the right of the respective college or university in the list.
- By List: Your Bucket of Colleges will be the default source list. You can change the source list by using the drop-down menu located on the source list in the dialog window.To add schools to a student’s list click the blue arrow icons to the right of the respective college or university in the source list you’d like to add to their list.While working with a source list you may type in the name of the college using the text based search box at the top of the list in the dialog window.
- By Tag: Select the tab By Tag and type in the Tag or Tags you choose to filter by. For example "Small School" and "Engineering". To add schools to a student’s list click the blue arrow icons to the right of the respective college or university in the list that you have generated based on the Tags.
6. Add colleges to your list by clicking the blue arrow icon listed next to a college. This will move a copy of the selected college to your new custom list.
Click on the arrow to move the school to your custom college list
7. Once you have added a school to your Custom College List, the blue arrow will turn gray.
- Change the sort order of your Custom College Lists by dragging-and-dropping the list to the sort order of your choosing.
- Import a Preloaded List and edit this list to create your own custom list.
- Create a Custom List of colleges you plan to visit so they will be easily accessible from your mobile device while visiting the school.
- College Lists can be shared between teammates! See: Can college lists be shared with teammates?
Important note: Students do not see your Custom or Preloaded College Lists. These are tools for the counselors only, as a way to organize schools.