What is a College Tag?
College Tags are keywords or terms you assign to a college or university. They are like bookmarks. By assigning College Tags to schools, you are able to filter through the lists of colleges. A list of colleges can be created with the criteria you are searching for. Tagging helps you access the information you have acquired on a college. You simply add a Tag to the College Profile and then when you need to access that information, it’s right at your fingertips. College Tags are your personalized labels; you are not restricted by outside resources. You are able to customize your college search based on your experience and knowledge.
Examples of College Tags
- School Type: 2-year, 4-year, Private, Public
- Location: New England, Midwest, South, West, International, etc.
- Size: Large School, Midsize School, Small School
- Setting: Rural, Suburban, Urban
- Selectivity: Open, Less Selective, Very Selective, Most Selective
- Programs: Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral
- Majors: Engineering, Computer, Education, Business, History, etc.
- Special Programs: ROTC, Choir/Band, Theatre, Sign Language Interpretation, etc.
- Activities: Greek Life, Athletics, Various Organizations, etc.
Note: Students do not have access to see or use college profile tags.
Helpful (related) articles