|This article is a part of our New Member Training Guide in the College Lists section. Navigate to the next article in the series by following the link at the bottom of this article or return to the New Member Training Guide homepage here.|
College Tags are keywords or terms you assign to a college or university. They are like bookmarks. By assigning College Tags to schools, you are able to filter through the lists of colleges. A list of colleges can be created with the criteria you are searching for. Tagging helps you access the information you have acquired on a college. You simply add a Tag to the College Profile and then when you need to access that information, it’s right at your fingertips. College Tags are your personalized labels; you are not restricted by outside resources. You are able to customize your college search based on your experience and knowledge.
Examples of College Tags
- School Type: 2-year, 4-year, Private, Public
- Location: New England, Midwest, South, West, International, etc.
- Size: Large School, Midsize School, Small School
- Setting: Rural, Suburban, Urban
- Selectivity: Open, Less Selective, Very Selective, Most Selective
- Programs: Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral
- Majors: Engineering, Computer, Education, Business, History, etc.
- Special Programs: ROTC, Choir/Band, Theatre, Sign Language Interpretation, etc.
- Activities: Greek Life, Athletics, Various Organizations, etc.
Note: Students do not have access to see or use college profile tags.
How to Add a College Tag
College tags may be added to a group of schools or to an individual school on a school-by-school basis. College tags may be added either from your computer while you are logged into your account or via your mobile phone or tablet while you are on the go! It's very easy to do. For a quick demonstration on adding College Tags to groups of schools, jump to How do I add/delete College Tags to/from multiple schools at once.
Adding/Creating College Tags tutorial video:
A visual guide on how to add a College Tag to an individual school:
- Navigate to the College profile
- Select "Notes & Tags" from the page options listed in the left-hand column
- Type in the Tag you wish to enter
- As you type, previously used tags will be auto-populated as possible suggestions
Adding/Deleting College Tags to/from multiple schools at once tutorial video:
This quick tutorial video will show you how to add College Tags to multiple schools at once from within a custom list and from within the College Bucket.
We also cover how to delete tags from multiple schools at once!
A visual guide on how to add a College Tag to a group of schools
- Navigate to the Colleges tab
- Select a list from your “My Custom College Lists”
- Select “Add Tag(s)"
- Create a title for your Tag
- Select the colleges to be tagged or select “Check/uncheck all listed colleges”
- Finally, select "Add Tag" at the top of the page
Tips on adding College Tags:
Be consistent with your Tags. As you start typing your tag, check to see how it was previously entered. For example, “Masters Degrees” versus “Masters Programs” or "Mid-sized School" versus "Medium Size School". Being consistent will help in filtering through College Tags.
Article is closed for comments.