Each Student client you work with can be setup to have their own CustomCollegePlan account. This account provides a way for them to login to their own profile. Once inside their profile, Students can see To-Do items, their college lists, admission tasks, add ACT/SAT test scores, and communicate with you. In order to enable a Student’s CustomCollegePlan account follow the instructions below.
- Student must be set to an “Active” status
- The Student must have an email address added to their account profile information
How to enable a Student’s CustomCollegePlan account
1. Navigate to the Student’s profile within CollegePlannerPro
2. In the top left corner of the Student’s profile toggle the Account Button from Disabled to Enabled.
- In order for the module entitled "CustomCollegePlan.com Student Access" to be available, you will need to be sure the Student’s profile is “Active” and that there is an email address entered into their profile information. To add an email address, click the “Edit Student Details” button in the toolbar.
3. Upon enabling the Student’s CustomCollegePlan account, CollegePlannerPro will generate a four digit PIN number. This PIN will serve as the Student’s password. The PIN is automatically created by the system.
Sending the Student (and optionally their parents) CustomCollegePlan login information
In order for your Student to be able to login to their account they will need their email address and the four digit PIN number created in step 3 above. To send the Student their login information use the “Send info email to Student Name” icon (pictured to the left). By clicking the button no email will be sent yet, instead a dialog window will open with additional options. Select the appropriate options and click “Send Email” to email your Student their login information.
Your student (optionally their parents) will receive an email message containing:
- URL/link to click to login
- Username (which is their email address)
- PIN (works as their password)
Helpful (related) Articles
- How do I add a Student?
- Student Profiles: An overview of Student Profile
- How do I add a Contact/Parent profile?
- Contact Profiles: An overview of Contact Profiles
- How to Edit a Student's Contact Information
Searchable terms: how do I enable a student, enable a student