The Message Board is a feature only available in the new student version of CustomCollegePlan. Within CustomCollegePlan, it is located on the Dashboard page. The desktop version of this page is shown below:
The Message Board allows counselors to easily communicate with students. It has two components:
- The Updates and announcements message displays for all students with the same assigned consultant and is intended to contain general information you'd like everyone to see (great for introducing yourself, reminding students of how to contact you, or passing along public news).
- The A note for you message displays a separate set of text, only visible to one student (handy for notes or updates on subjects that only apply to a particular individual).
Examples of content you may want to add to the Message Board is shown below:
Note: The placement of these messages will shift depending on whether there is a general message, a student-specific message, none, or both.
How to edit Message Board content
Consultants may edit the multi-student message board content ("Updates and announcements") from the Students Main tab (new button in the top toolbar). This message is the same for all students assigned to a particular counselor.
Consultants may edit the student-specific message board content ("A note for you") from a student's profile page (under the CustomCollegePlan.com Student Access section). This message is unique to each student.
1. Will students receive a notification when something is posted on the new Message Board?
No. Students will only see the Message Board once they log into their CustomCollegePlan account (new version only). If you want to get a hold of a student immediately, other tools like Conversations and Broadcasts are better equipped for that purpose.
2. What's the difference between the Message Board and the Conversation?
The Message Board is like a virtual "corkboard" where you can leave greetings, updates, and reminders posted for your students. Communication on the Message Board is one-way (counselor to student) and does not notify parties. Conversely, the Conversation is meant to be utilized for an ongoing two-way dialogue between counselor and student and notifies each party when new messages are sent.
3. Can students see the Message Board on a mobile device?
Yes, since the new student version is fully mobile-responsive, it can be accessed on either a full browser or mobile device. An example of the mobile display is shown below.