CollegePlannerPro provides the application deadlines as sourced through a third-party database compiler and provider. You may choose to import this deadline information into your account. We recommend that these deadlines be verified by you by visiting each college's website or contacting the school. The deadlines that are available for the import are based on what information was provided by the school to the database provider. (To learn more about our data provider and how to verify deadlines, visit this article.) It's easy to import the deadlines and then further edit them to suit the needs of your practice.
How to Import College Deadlines - Video Overview
1. Navigate to the "Colleges Main" page and select "Import Deadlines" from the toolbar
2. Please read the "Use Disclaimer" and then enter your initials and select "Next" to proceed with the import
3. Select the deadline types you'd like to import.
4. Choose whether or not you'd like to clear verified deadlines (Only applicable if you've previously verified deadlines in your account)
NOTE - Verified deadlines are not automatically overwritten during the import process.
- If you have gotten a head start and have manually updated application deadlines for the current year's application cycle, you may simply proceed with the import process without overwriting any of your work. In this case, you will NOT want to clear verified deadlines.
- If all of the verifications you have done are for the previous year's application cycle, use the option to clear verified deadlines to start with a fresh data set.
5. Select the colleges to be imported, you may "uncheck" the box next to each college you do not choose to import deadlines for.
6. Once you have finished unchecking colleges or choose to include all schools, navigate to the bottom of the screen and select "Next"
7. Read the "Final Step" summary and when you are ready, select "Begin Import" (Another dialog window will open to ensure that you choose to proceed)
8. All the selected deadlines will now be imported into your account and ready for you to verify
What if I work with multiple consultants in our account? Will we each need to import deadlines?
Only one user in a shared account will need to import the deadlines. Team collaboration is made simple - if one user verifies a deadline, that information updates for all users in the shared account.
What if a target deadline for a school has already been selected for my student(s) before the new deadlines have been imported?
- Follow this link to learn more on Resetting Application Deadlines