As of March 9, 2021, the new student version is now the default version that loads when students log into their CustomCollegePlan accounts from any device.
60-second explainer for consultants:
How do students log in?
The same way they always have!
- Students can continue logging in through your account's existing student login portal: https://yourcompany.customcollegeplan.com
- Students can also log in directly through the new version web address (this is a great page for them to bookmark): https://v2.customcollegeplan.com
- The beta web address (https://student-beta.customcollegeplan.com) is being retired, but those still using it will be redirected to the "v2" address automatically.
Can students go back to the legacy version?
Since the old version is not mobile-responsive, students will not see an option to revert to the legacy version when accessing their account from a mobile device.
On a desktop, students are able to go to the legacy version if they want or need to. The legacy version will remain accessible through the end of 2021. In the new version, a button is shown at the top of the page allowing them to go back to the legacy version of CustomCollegePlan:
Similarly, once back in the legacy version, a button in the top navigation allows students to click back to the new version:
What features are still only accessible in the legacy version?
As of March 9, 2021, the following features have not yet have been added to the new version. Our team will continue working through the spring to incorporate them as quickly as possible:
- Scheduling: Clicking on the "Schedule with consultant" button will bring the student back to the legacy version.
- College reports: College reports will be shown in the new version if created by the counselor, and visibility toggled "on". Clicking on a report will bring the student back to the legacy version.
- Assessments: The tab will be shown in the new version; however, a disclaimer will alert students that they must go back to the legacy version to complete the assessments.
What's to come after that?
We've received loads of great suggestions and ideas for the future of CustomCollegePlan. Some additional enhancements slated for incorporation later in 2021 are:
- Redesigned college profiles, to both, incorporate Peterson's data set and improve the usability
- The addition of a target deadlines list in the Colleges tab
- Redesigned Testing tab
- Greater opportunities for consultant branding
... and more!
How should I prepare for this change?
Check out the Resources Page for some student-facing flyers and a student eBook, which can be utilized to better understand and keep your students up-to-date with these changes.