UPDATED AUGUST 18, 2020
In order to help GuidedPath members transition smoothly to CollegePlannerPro, our technical team is currently building out additional capabilities to import data from GuidedPath records. We expect to be ready to proceed with all possible imports by August 28th.
- What information can be imported?
- What information cannot be imported (and will need to be entered manually)?
- Why can't everything be imported?
What to do:
- If you have already imported your parent and student contact information
- If you have not yet completed the parent and student import, but would like to proceed with imports once they are ready
- If you do not wish to import data
What information can be imported?
- Basic parent and student contact information: Parent name(s), student name, parent and student email addresses, parent phone numbers, student graduation years, and student active/inactive status.
- Assignments (To-Dos): Associated student, To-Do name, description, due date, and status (complete/incomplete).
- SAT and ACT scores: Associated student, test date, test type, scores (totals and sub-scores when provided).
- College Lists: Lists work a little differently in CollegePlannerPro. The "Interested Colleges" list will be imported as the "Suggested List". The "My Colleges" list will be imported as the "My List". "Not Interested Colleges" will not be imported. We will also assign an Admissions Probability to colleges in these lists based on the Admissions Expectation in GuidedPath (Target, Likely, etc.), if utilized.
- Milestones (Application Requirements): Associated student, associated college, requirement name, requirement description, student deadline, and status (complete/incomplete).
What information cannot be imported (and will need to be entered manually)?
Anything not listed above, including (but not limited to):
- Meetings/calendar events
- Parent, student, or college profile notes
- Survey results
- Other student-specific information beyond basic contact info (like address, high school name, GPA, and fields of interest)
- File uploads
- Billing/invoicing data
- Records of emails or texts sent from GuidedPath
Why can't everything be imported?
GuidedPath and CollegePlannerPro are completely different systems, each with its own unique structure and characteristics. Having a data export is helpful, but it is not a magic solution that makes the process 100% seamless. GuidedPath will simply not translate perfectly into any alternate software solution. We are building some import functionalities to help make this transition as smooth as possible; at the end of the day, those transitioning will inevitably need to do some manual data entry if they want to completely migrate all account information into a new platform. We apologize for any inconvenience - it is unfortunate timing and is simply out of our control.
If you have already imported your parent and student contact information
Great! Please sit tight for now. We will be in touch with you soon (if not already) with instructions on what data you should and should not add to your imported student records in the meantime, if you are interested in proceeding with the rest of the imports.
If you have not yet completed the parent and student import, but would like to proceed with imports once they are ready
Starting with files received tomorrow (August 19), we will be holding parent and student record imports until all import capabilities are ready (which, again, will likely be August 28th). In the meantime, you can send your GuidedPath export file to our team at [email protected] and we will put you in our queue to process beginning on August 28th. From the GuidedPath export, we will need either the full .zip folder, or the CPP sub-folder from within the .zip folder. Our team will reach out to you with updates when your import is complete and the account is ready for full adoption.
In the meantime, we ask that you hold off from adding any students and parents to your account that will later be imported from your GuidedPath records. Doing so will result in duplicate records that will need to be manually cleaned up. We do encourage you to create a sample student in order to familiarize yourself with the platform and adjust to different or new functionalities. You can also do things like:
- Add your profile picture, logo, and any additional teammates to your account (note that any advisors to whom you have assigned students in GuidedPath will need to be set up in CollegePlannerPro before we can proceed with the student import)
- Import preloaded college lists, or build your own custom college lists
- Add tags and notes to college profiles
- Import college application deadlines
- Link your CollegePlannerPro calendar to a 3rd party calendar, and set up the scheduling functionalities
- Set up Multi-Student Files & Folders, Multi-Student To-Dos, and Checklist Templates that you can later assign to imported students
If you do not wish to import data
That is completely fine! You can proceed with manually adding information to your account, at your own pace. As we mentioned previously, manually adding data is actually a great way to learn how to use the platform and discover features quickly. A manual import is recommended for consultants working with fewer than 20 active students, or who have less than 1 year's worth of historical data in GuidedPath. Please note those who manually add their students will not be able to later complete an automated import.
Thank you once again for your patience through this process. Our support team can be reached at [email protected] with any questions in the interim.