Components updated or added:
Detailed notes on changes:
- The Dashboard concept has been re-imagined in response to member feedback. The original Dashboard view of the student calendar and upcoming events list has been relocated to a dedicated Calendar tab.
- The student's profile photo, name, high school, and graduation year now appear as a header atop the Dashboard. Profile photos currently display a placeholder; actual photos will populate in a future release.
- A list of outstanding To-Dos shows students which tasks need attention, redirecting the student to the To-Dos tab upon clicking on any item.
- A customizable message board allows you to easily communicate with your students.
- The Updates and announcements message displays for all students with the same assigned consultant, and is intended to contain general information you'd like everyone to see (great for introducing yourself, reminding students of how to contact you, or passing along public news).
- The A note for you message displays a separate set of text, only visible to a one student (handy for notes or updates on subjects that only apply to a particular individual).
- The placement of these messages will shift depending on whether there is a general message, a student-specific message, none, or both. The message board does not exist in the current version of CustomCollegePlan; as a result, only students logged into the new beta will see the messages, if any. Use of the message board is optional.
Consultants may edit the multi-student message board content from the Students Main tab (new button in top toolbar).
Consultants may edit the student-specific message board content (A note for you) from a student's profile page (under the CustomCollegePlan.com Student Access section).
- Also in response to your comments, changes were made to the College Lists tab:
- The map view was removed from its pinned placement at the top of the page. The map is now accessible from the globe button atop the My List, and expands out into an overlaying window.
- The Admission Probability color labels on the colleges appearing in student lists were widened to make them more prominent.
- The clickability of list schools has been improved, whereby the colleges may be dragged and dropped to rearrange, and students can navigate directly to the college profile by clicking anywhere around the college name.
- The new To-Dos tab includes a kanban-style interface for students to indicate which tasks are not yet started, in progress, and complete. On desktop, students may drag and drop To-Dos from one category to the next. On mobile, each task card "flips" to allow students to update its status. Students presently may not re-order To-Dos. The order in which they appear on the student side respects the consultant's ordering.
Desktop view of To-Dos
Mobile view of To-Dos
- We made further upgrades to college profiles, including:
- Addition of the college's city size description
- Addition of the college's admittance rate and selectivity descriptor
- Reorganized profile statistics to improve look and readability
- Finally, we reorganized and resized the side navigation bar
We'd love to hear from you on this release! Help us by sharing your thoughts, or answering the following questions:
- Would you like your students to be able to re-arrange their To-Dos? Does it depend on the status of the To-Do, or some other factor?
- Would you like students to be able to create and set start/due dates for their own To-Dos?
- If you could further customize the message boards based on student groupings, what types of groupings would be important to you - graduation year, tags, high school, something else?
Want to see it up close? We're hosting a webinar for members on May 28th.