Release date: April 21, 2020
Accessing and using the beta version
The beta release was announced to all active CollegePlannerPro consultant members via email. Those who request access to the beta version through the email will receive detailed instructions for logging into a sample student account. Consultants can preview on desktop or mobile from the same URL - we'd love you to take a look at both!
Although we encourage all consultants to check out this new experience, there is no urgency. The legacy version of CustomCollegePlan is not changing or going away immediately. Any data saved in the legacy version will be accessible in the new version, and vice-versa.
Look and feel
You'll notice right away that the new CustomCollegePlan has a slightly different layout, as well as a very different general style. On desktop, we've moved from a horizontal, top-of-screen menu bar to a vertical, left-side menu bar. You may also notice small terminology changes related to what certain parts of the platform are called. These designs and terms are subject to change; we plan to tweak them as we learn more about user preferences.
The new version allows students to access their accounts from a mobile device or tablet. The website is fully-responsive for easy navigation - with no app to download or update.
Components included in the release
- A new dashboard showing the student calendar and a listing of upcoming events, to-dos, meetings, and deadlines. The calendar can be toggled to show monthly, weekly, or daily views. Upcoming events can be filtered by type.
- A permanent search bar allowing students to search colleges by name from anywhere in the app, regardless of whether or not the college is on the My List. Selecting a college from the dropdown brings the student to the college profile page.
- The Colleges tab (now called "College Lists") shows the Suggested List and My List and allows the student to add and remove colleges, as well as drag and drop the My List order. Students can also view a listing of any College Reports made visible to them by their consultant. For now, clicking into the reports themselves redirects to the legacy version to view them in full. Finally, an interactive map view lets students explore the cities and regions where My List schools are located.
- College profile pages are available in full for US colleges, including admissions data, Fiske Guide profiles, degree programs, notes, and the Research Launch Pad.
- The Testing tab shows any past test scores and upcoming test dates.
- The new "Report an Issue" button connects students (or consultants during the preview) directly to our support team to troubleshoot or provide feedback.
Components not included in the release
In this release, the following items will initially be disabled, or will redirect to the old version of CustomCollegePlan in order to use them:
Schedule a Meeting
Messaging (to include Emails Received log and Conversation)
- Account settings and controls (View My Profile, Edit My Keychain, Manage My Notifications, Change My Password)
Additionally, there are a few components that are not yet incorporated in the new version at all, and will be added at a later date:
- Partner integrations: Essays tab (Prompt), Assessments tab, Google Translate,
Add/update student profile photo
"Link my calendar"
- Colleges: No college profile data for non-US colleges, no Common/Coalition/Universal App indicators, no CampusReel, no essay prompts
What's on deck
In each release, we plan to fix bugs and make other small changes as a result of observations and feedback. We will also gradually add to the core components to build upon functionality.
Troubleshooting & Feedback
We want to hear what you think! We ask that you report issues, ask questions, and tell us your impressions of the beta through our support channel, by clicking "Report an Issue" within the beta version, or by submitting a request through our normal support channel (email@example.com). We will also likely be conducting periodic feedback surveys to get specific feedback about individual features.