There are several ways to add colleges to a Student's Suggested List of Colleges. You may add schools by typing in the name of the school or selecting a specific State. You may also select schools from your Lists and Tags.
How to add a College to a Student's Suggested List
1. Navigate to the student profile where you'd like to create a college list
2. In the toolbar, click the "My Suggested College List" button to open the list editor window
3. Select one the following filters you would like to use to populate your list: "By Name", "By List" or "By Tag"
(You may also select "State"; either separately or with both school name and state)
4. From the list of colleges displayed, click the blue arrow to add to Student's Suggested List
Filter "By List"
- Select "By List" tab
- Change the source list by selecting the up/down arrows (on the right)
- Select the list you want to be displayed
- Click the blue arrow to add to Student's Suggested List
- For more information on Lists, check out the article, "How do I create a Custom College list for my own reference?"
Filter "By Tag"
- Select "By Tag" tab
- Enter the tag you would liked to use
- You may add more tags to filter the list further
- When you have finished entering tags, click the blue arrow to add to Student's Suggested List
- For more information on Tags, check out the article, "How do I add a College Tag?"
Filter "By Name"
- Select "By Name" tab
- Enter the name of a school and continue with no. 5 above
- Or select a State and click the blue arrow to add to Student's Suggested List
- Note you may enter both the name of a school and a State
You are also able to determine when and if your list is viewable by the Student. This is helpful when you are in the process of developing the list and not quite ready to share with the Student. (see How do I modify what Students can see in their account? for more information on viewability)