What is a College Tag?
College Tags are keywords or terms you assign to a college or university. They are like bookmarks. By assigning College Tags to schools, you are able to filter through the lists of colleges. A list of colleges can be created with the criteria you are searching for. Tagging helps you access the information you have acquired on a college. You simply add a Tag to the College Profile and then when you need to access that information, it’s right at your fingertips. College Tags are your personalized labels; you are not restricted by outside resources. You are able to customize your college search based on your experience and knowledge.
Examples of College Tags
- School Type: 2 year, 4 year, Private, Public
- Location: New England, Midwest, South, West, etc.
- Size: Large School, Midsize School, Small School
- Setting: Rural, Suburban, Urban
- Selectivity: Open, Less Selective, Very Selective, Most Selective
- Programs: Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral
- Majors: Engineering, Computer, Education, Business, History, etc.
- Special Programs: ROTC, Choir/Band, Theatre, etc.
- Activities: Greek Life, Club Sports, Various Organizations, etc.
Use a College Tag when creating a Suggested College List for students
One filter that you may use when creating a Suggested College List for a student is by filtering using Tags. Here's how to use your tags:
1. Navigate to the student’s profile you’d like to create a list for and click the “My Suggested College List” button in the toolbar.
2. This will open the "Manage Suggested List of Colleges" dialog window.
3. To add colleges select "By tag".
4. Start typing in your Tag and then select the Tag to be used
5. You may add more Tags to further streamline the list
6. From the list in the left column, click on the Blue Arrow to move the college to the Student's Suggested College List.